Puffers with coral

cgreef22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your experience which would be the best “coral safe” puffer if any, with the understanding the clean up crew/ inverts will be eaten by them. Could any of the Toby puffers, Saddle puffer, or porcupine puffer coexist with Soft coral, LPS, and Anemones? Any opinions or actual experience would be appreciated

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your experience which would be the best “coral safe” puffer if any, with the understanding the clean up crew/ inverts will be eaten by them. Could any of the Toby puffers, Saddle puffer, or porcupine puffer coexist with Soft coral, LPS, and Anemones? Any opinions or actual experience would be appreciated
I don’t think soft coral will be the issue, other coral will be though. Puffers go after hard surfaces to prevent its beak/teeth from getting to long

Boreas_SA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank is big enough a porcupine puffer might be the safest bet, from my experience they get super lazy when well fed and does not really pay attention to any corals, they seem to just lie in a cave until they see the hand that feeds them. Tobies are not that bad either, they will nip here and there but most probably won't kill corals. Problem I've had with tobies is that they take half moon chunks out of bigger fish's tail fins.

Back