Pulsing Xenia barely holding on :

hannahbanana369

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this coral 2 weeks ago. Since I got it, it has gone through a bit of torture, moved around, attempted to glue on a rock twice, tried rubber banding it. It smashed the main stalk of the coral. Since rubber banding it it has shrunk to half its size and the tissue that seemed to have heads left on it is hanging on by a thread to the main structure. I moved this piece to a very low flow area.

So what is my best bet of keeping this coral Alive? Should I leave it where it is and let it do its own thing? Or attempt to attach the remaining live coral somewhere? If attaching is the best bet, how should I go about that?
 
I've always had difficulty gluing xenia....it slimes something terrible. And you're right about a rubber band...too tight. So what I usually do is wrap the xenia with that netting certain foods come in......Garlic is an example. Place the xenia on a small rock, wrap with the netting, and put into your tank. It allows the xenia to do it's own attachment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new