Pulsing Xenia

TheBigBang2161

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought pulsing Xenia last night, and it died over night? I tested my water before going to my lfs. Everything seemed normal until this morning when I looked in the tank. Any help would be great! Thank you!

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
need pics , are you sure its dead ? They can shrink pretty small and look like shriveled nothing and then be "normal " later . It may just be getting used to your tank. I have had them get sucked into wave makers and shredded . I just rubber band them to a rock . In a very short time it recovered and then took over my tank . I used to cut them with scissors and burn the bases of the rocks with a lighter and they still would grow back from a sliver of skin . So .........they are very hard to kill .

OP
OP
T

TheBigBang2161

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay! I’ll wait till later. I should have taken a picture before I left. I might be able to get one soon.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could let us have your water test parameters and we can see if it tells us anything, but it may be just settling in as they can shrivel up a bit as they acclimatise

And if you have managed to kill it, there are 1000’s of people who will want to know how you managed it! Lol.

Because it normally spreads and takes over tanks

And welcome to R2R as well, it’s great to have you with us!

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia can indeed become a pest but its still a very bad shipper and in many tanks just melts either on arrival or after few months.

OP
OP
T

TheBigBang2161

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does it look like when Xenia melts? I’ve looked for imagines on the internet and could find anything with a clear image

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it melts it will be a ball of mush,slime. And will quickly disintegrate .

Back