Pump Buzz

  • Thread starter Thread starter 412Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

412Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2026
Messages
47
Reaction score
11
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Quick question. My pump in my sump is making a buzzing noise since it’s been on, which expected. Wondering how I can silicone once this down. Is there a reef safe silicone pad I can place under it? When it’s lifted slightly out of water it tends to quite down, so I’m sure that will help. Thanks!
 
Sicce makes replacement rubber feet for their pumps, maybe check and see if you can find any for yours. The sicce feet might also fit other pumps.
 
Unfortunately my pump doesn’t have any rubber feet nor does it have slots for them :-/
 
SUP MAG Drive 9.5
Ahh I see.

Go find some of those silicone bracelets we were wild about wearing around 2008-2012 and wrap them around the pump housing.

If you can't find that, order some thick rubber bands and do the same thing with those, but be aware that some rubber bands will sort of deteriorate in saltwater, so that's why I would recommend the silicone bands.
 
Last edited:
SUP MAG Drive 9.5
Ahh I see.

Go find some of those silicone bracelets we were wild about wearing around 2008-2012 and wrap them around the pump housing.

If you can find that, order some thick rubber bands and do the same thing with those, but be aware that some rubber bands will sort of deteriorate in saltwater, so that's why I would recommend the silicone bands.
I can do that! Was also thinking of getting one of those pads of silicone, and just cutting it up and setting the pump on it
 
I've used silicone hot pads from amazon. There are round ones and square ones.
I have one under my skimmer pump.
 
I have the same pump. I just put some coarse filter material under it. Worked fine for my needs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new