What is your favorite external pump?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chelle's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have used Little Giant in past-(came with original tank/stand) after ...MANY... upgrades to tank, sump, lights, etc...[ kept original stand (soon to be changed)] and original pump... Little Giant model 4-MDQX-SC - pump was like 10yrs old - two owners before me.
-never any issue , until a BIG storm zapped our house power and pump went out. [couple years back] - pump never came back on.

Now looking at comparing the Iwaki vs. the Lil' Giant for when I set my tank back up this coming summer.

Who has either? Would you stay with the Lil Giant- or do you find the Iwaki is a better choice?
[side note- pump needs to be external..so if there is something else you would recommend for me to look into, feel free to suggest :)] Has been a bit since my tank was wet- so I know there have been new items added to the market.

But before I decide , as I am leaning toward Lil Giant for its dependability - I would like to hear live reviews on the Iwaki- not something posted from years past on shopping sites- those reviews might not be valid after long term use.

Thanks in advance! :)

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not look into a DC pump?
Save ya some bucks in the long run! ;)
I love ecotech pumps, mine is internal but I believe they can go both ways.... Did I just say that??:eek::eek::eek:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back