Pump recommendation for Next reef MR1 Shorty

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nwest
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nwest

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2011
Messages
733
Reaction score
134
Location
Tampa Bay
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always ran manifolds in the past on tanks but my new ones doesn't allow me too. So I have a mr1 shorty and will be running carbon in it. What pump would you recommend and why?
 
Back before Marineland decided to outsource manufacturing of their Maxi Jet pumps, they were an industry standard. The new "Chinese" Maxi-Jets are a piece of crap....I would never buy one. Fortunately the original Italian company is still making and selling the original pump, but now under the name of Cobalt. I'd look at putting a Cobalt MJ900 on there with a valve to throltle back the pump. You could probably get away with a Cobalt MJ600 as well....but they are about the same cost, with sometimes the 600 costing more than the 900....go figure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new