Puncture wound or something else on Foxface

  • Thread starter Thread starter azreef729
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

azreef729

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2025
Messages
184
Reaction score
220
Location
AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed a little white thorn looking thing sticking out of my foxface and a brown ring around it. Looks to me like a thorn stuck in him. Any idea what to do. I added a video, if I turn on white lights he will get scared an hide. But he’s acting and swimming normally. In the video you can see it’s on his left side, right below his top spines.


 
Just noticed a little white thorn looking thing sticking out of my foxface and a brown ring around it. Looks to me like a thorn stuck in him. Any idea what to do. I added a video, if I turn on white lights he will get scared an hide. But he’s acting and swimming normally. In the video you can see it’s on his left side, right below his top spines.


Indeed puncture wound and can be an urchin or sting from coral/anemone and should heal on its own
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new