Puntato or spotband butterfly???

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by cracker, Jul 18, 2017.

1. cracker

cracker Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Howdy, Anybody familiar with the Punctato Butterfly or chaetodan punctato fasciatus ?
    Been Looking at one at the Lfs looks nice & healthy. This is for a 180 Fowlr tank & 3rd fish. What I read was they were pretty hardy and peaceful. may munch on a coral. I need to decide if this will be a mellow or rowdy fish tank before buying. Seeing how it's a 3rd fish. Thanks

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Tags:

2. cracker

cracker Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

No butterfly keepers out there? If I get this Punctato it will affect any future fish I want to add. I still have the copperband I want to add as well. Again 2 butterflys wont go well in a tank with more rowdy fish! Thanks for any OP's !

3. mort

mort Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

What else are you planning to keep in there? That will really decide on how suitable it will be. As for the species I've only kept them in a shop situation but sometimes for a few months, and they have always been pretty good even when mixed with other butterflies and conspecifics. I personally wouldn't be overly worried that it will become a terror as they are mellow and we'll behaved ime so I don't think it would limit your future choices much.

4. cracker

I honestly haven't decided yet I need to choose a general type,meaning a few larger show fish like a trigger or a puffer an eel maybe. or do I want a bunch of smaller more mellow fish. I can;t decide !

5. cracker

Any one keeping mixed butterfly's . Say 3 different types? Any fighting?

6. Savage338

Savage338 New Member

Keep a saddleback ,Pakistan, facula, pearlscale in a 300DD FOWLR with a king and queen angel , yellow tang , Foxface and four puffers. The butterflies play tag every once in awhile, no real aggression. The puffers get picked on abit from the butterflies when sand gets stuck to their underbellies.

cracker likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted