purigin cause cloudiness?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jack_L
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jack_L

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2026
Messages
156
Reaction score
76
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've never used it in salt, in fresh it was amazing water clarifier. ate nitrates too. i put some of my regenerated purigen in reef (after reading that it would absorb coral toxins) but the next morning the take was really cloudy. i also did a small WC, but i do that weekly and the water doesn't cloud. i took out the purigen and put a felt sock in and it seems to have cleared now. i'm not sure if it was the purigen so i thought i'd survey the group.
 
I use purigen in my feed tanks for years will no ill effects. I will say I just tossed it when it was exhausted and replaced it with fresh.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new