Purple Bubble Tip Anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter TiredDuck
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TiredDuck

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2025
Messages
68
Reaction score
14
Location
Greenville
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this Purple Bubble Tip for a couple months now and I wanted to see what people thought of it. The LFS called it a Grape Ape.

IMG_9354.jpeg IMG_9358.jpeg IMG_9361.jpeg IMG_9359.jpeg
 
Looks like your typical rose, not in great health. Did you pay an expensive price tag for it ?
 
I concur, looks like a RBTA. Purple BTAs are definitely purple, otherwise they should not have the word "purple" in the name. The most common purple BTA is probably the Purple Passion, and it's purple with green tips.
 
I’ve had this Purple Bubble Tip for a couple months now and I wanted to see what people thought of it. The LFS called it a Grape Ape.

IMG_9354.jpeg IMG_9358.jpeg IMG_9361.jpeg IMG_9359.jpeg
I'm hoping that is what came home with my coral I bought last night. Mine is amongst my Pandora colony that I did bring home intentionally. I didn't dip because of brittle starfish that I didn't want to hurt. This is still a newer thread so how big has it gotten? Other care information you have would be great.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260312_155641501(1).jpg
    IMG_20260312_155641501(1).jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 45
it's a common rose BTA they come in a few colors I have green with red tips and all reds.
 
it looks like a browned out rose BTA. It should regain more of its colors in due time if you give it good conditions. Pretty shady of the LFS to name it after something purple SMH
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new