Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it does look really nice and all...and we had a long discussion about in in the RC PARC forum as well, and RM jumped in there too. The thing that is funny to me is that ReeferMadness jumped in with the opening line of..."What a discussion about a frag that I thought was cool but not THAT COOL" yet he is charging/charged $279 for something he didn't think was that cool?

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think the RC sponsors have some special tool, or are constantly on the search forum.....whenever someone mentions their store name they get an email with a link to the thread immediately.

we had a local thread mentioning about clams for sale on reefscience, in 30min the guy from reefscience responded.

i think its kinda annoying personally. it feels like what i say is being watched constantly.

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they step in if there is a lot of talk about non-sponsors getting too much ink!! They banned a LFS from our local Philly Area Reef CLub forum...and they didn't even do business online!

Al it is annoying...they must do hourly searches to see if they have been mentioned!

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well in their defense the 279 is for a huge colony

they had a few pieces on their website the past few days of said coral, one for 89 and the other for 79, but they are both sold out.

i've got that order of mine shipping tom. from them, ill call and see if i can get a frag for you, he should hook me up as he was supposed to ship today but asked if he could postpone due to being swamped.

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
500 bucks a month i would be trolling too. I do get alot of pm's there, But it usually has to do with skimmers.

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also its a wild coral i doubt it holds its color.

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, today they had two pieces that were $119 and sold within a few hours.

And for the 500 a month they pay to have a banner and a forum, I would expect an email every time my name was mentioned, and be watching rc like a hawk too.

As for the acro in question, it is nice! I am happy for reefer madness that they have a frag causing a stir. Maybe that will mean people will culture that one for frags :)

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also its a wild coral i doubt it holds its color.

if you read through that thread. the RM guy states he's been growing it out in his tanks for *months*. agreed though, very interested to see if it holds it color.

but i wouldnt mind trying out a small frag that isnt overpriced. ;)

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thread was too long, And it was late. It is a nice coral and i am with you a frag of it would be nice. No more wild colonys for me.
Chris from reefermadness is a very nice guy. I wouldnt hesitate to buy from them. He admitts to doctoring the pics, But says he is trying to duplicate the true color he see's.

Back