Purple lobster help

  • Thread starter Thread starter dvgyfresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dvgyfresh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
5,446
Reaction score
9,563
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all ,

My wife wanted a purple lobster , and it has been living its best life. It recently killed my Hector’s goby so I unfortunately have to rehome. The question is how the heck do I get it out?

It lives in the middle under the rocks - is there a trap I can use or do I need to dismantle the reef to get it out ? I am close to using a harpoon lol I don’t like fish murderers

IMG_3540.jpeg
 
I am sorry but what did you expect, it's a lobster!!
Two choices, a trap or remove some rock.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bottle-trap-im-confused.22128/
Ye I let my wife make choices so it’s our tank , this one sadly didn’t work out. I have been able to make a mantis shrimp community friendly by feeding them with turkey baster and eventually would even swim like a fish when I put food in. The lobster is not like that sadly - secretive and always scared looks like I’ll be doing some redecorating this weekend lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new