purple monster vs ORA german blue...which to frag?

Werdlone

what?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purple monster and german blue polyp acro are about 2 mm apart..the battle will ensue pretty soon. My question is, which should I frag??? I wonder which one is more sought after right now?? What would you do?

losthere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue polyp grows faster than purple monster. pm is nicer, and doesnt like to be fragged, so i would frag the blue polyp, but lost my pm so go ahead and frag that instead.

minhvu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM is more sought after. Much harder to find and much more expensive.

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pm grows too slow so I wouldn't frag that...but I don't know what your intentions are...to make some money off the frag u wanna/have to cut or the save the uniformity of one of your colonies?..I have a huge PM colony and I wouldnt not even consider cutting it unless I had to just because I don't wanna ruin the look of the colony...

abrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been hunting a German Blue Polyp acro frag for a while now without luck. Purple monster wasnt too hard to find by comparison. It sounds like you have a waiting list for either one you decide to frag.

OP
OP
W

Werdlone

what?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up fragging the german blue. I don't want to mess with the purple monster. My colony is large and doing great..would hate to mess that up, and I have noticed that the german blue does grow slightly faster..although not much!!

pwoller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sell the german blue if it is threatening the PM at all, PM = $$$$

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't want to side track this thread, As I am just learming here, I have a ???. Werdlone wants to frag one of his two corals (lol, nice of everyone here trying to help him out and take a frag off of his hands) because the corals are getting close to each other. Where I am confused at is: I see tank shots on here where the SPS corals are growing right up next to each other, intermingled in each other. Is it that they can grow close but they just can't touch each other, someone enlighten me.

scrapz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PM is much more common then a ora GBP. i would gladly trade my pm colony for a GBP.

OP
OP
W

Werdlone

what?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stroutDon't want to side track this thread, As I am just learming here, I have a ???. Werdlone wants to frag one of his two corals (lol, nice of everyone here trying to help him out and take a frag off of his hands) because the corals are getting close to each other. Where I am confused at is: I see tank shots on here where the SPS corals are growing right up next to each other, intermingled in each other. Is it that they can grow close but they just can't touch each other, someone enlighten me.
some corals just try to outgrow one another, but they do sometimes battle and one coral will burn the other or even worse, both get burned. I just wanted to avoid this and wondered which colony I should cut. I hated to have to snip either one.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back