Purple tang fin help

Gogoggansgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this purple tang for a month now and he’s been excellent. I also have both green and red macro algae in the tank, and i don’t need to trim them anymore he’s eating it that much. Now where this get interesting is what happened over the last week or so after i cleaned my filtration system. I always carbon dose which i know can cause HLLE and fin issues. But I’ve never had an issue excluding my coral beauty i got from live aquaria, that’s another topic for another day. His color is extremely excellent, and he’s extremely active no heavy breathing. I do run a bubbler at the top of the tank just for the hell of it. I’ve attached a pic of a random purple tang the white lines are where his fins have lost color. Honestly i wouldn’t be surprised if he bumped into my long Black Sea urchin. I’ll also throw in a pic from last night but with my blues on y’all can’t see

I will go get some more vitamins just for him what i have on hand is old and probably bad

9CE0CCA2-5C8D-4CE5-9FE8-E89A5082FC13.png 9BDAE526-7240-4668-A479-AAE2AD76792C.jpeg 52A4B25A-2B72-4398-B294-553A20705C0E.jpeg

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from the photos but it looks more like the fin is rotting away. It might just be my terrible eyes though lol. If the fins are actually ragged its important to figure out why.

If you are worried that it is a bacterial infection or might become one you can qt it in a tank with furan-2+kanaplex

OP
OP
Gogoggansgo

Gogoggansgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What funny is yesterday is when i added the red macro algae i went to the gym and came back

it’s all healed up

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back