Purple Tang needs help. Urgent

lv_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has ich and is undergoing TTM treatment in 3rd day. Now it has two big holes near its fin and dorsal fin. It eats well and active. Just occasionally twitch.
Should I worry about it? What extra treatment is needed?
Thank you
Screen-Shot-2023-03-24-at-9-23-22-PM.png

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My advice - stop pestering it - stop fiddling - treat the Ich - if it survives ok - but taking pictures out of water is a no-no. I still don't understand why LFS do it. vis a vis stress. Your picture with arrows ignores the multiple areas with spots. And TTM does not remove spots - they remove themselves per their life cycle. Sorry - with this latest quote I'm not sure what your question is?

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has ich and is undergoing TTM treatment in 3rd day. Now it has two big holes near its fin and dorsal fin. It eats well and active. Just occasionally twitch.
Thank you
Is it going through TTM with other fish? That looks like tang strikes to me.
A huge issue with TTM is the often lack of lateral viewing, you can’t clearly see the fish to assess them - catching them up to look only adds to the issue.
Jay

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thank you
Agree on strike injury and typical when there is a mix of tangs. Handling the tang in this fashion makes it harder to view issue not to mention the loss of protective slime-coat.
As for strike injury, Many more to come , I hate to say as i have 24 tangs and overall Very lucky, but i too get them here and there in my tank. This will heal on its own
Please dont cross post- Others seeking answers are being placed on hold with multiple posts

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lv_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, the cross post. It was un-intentional as I setup the account and awaiting for confirmation email..... maybe an unintentional click on the post button.

I have these meds. Will they help preventing the sores getting worse, infected by fungi and bacteria?
Thank you all

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 2.12.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 2.12.38 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there isn't any sign of secondary infection (no redness, white growths or increasing size of the wounds) I would opt to not treat it. Of the meds you have on hand, my first choice would be the Furan-2 if it isn't expired.

Jay

Upvote 0

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 183 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back