Push Notifications

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

qnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA Hi Vinny, is there any updates on when we can expect push notifications direct from app? A friend of mine is having a lot of issues getting the notifications to work with his Gmail account despite doing all the recommended settings (2-factor authentication, App password, “less secure app”, etc). It took my nearly 3-hours to get mine to work. I am sure it is an issue with Google Gmail rather than Profilux, but it is still extremely frustrating and push notifications would be so much easier. Thanks in advance.

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same problems here with Gmail and still not working despite following all instructions I have found. I think you are right in part that it is a Gmail issue but GHL set up won't even accept my Gmail password. Don't know whether there is a limit on the number of characters allowed but it won't let me save it. The Save tab at the bottom is greyed out. Also, there seem to be differing views as to whether it is Port 25 or 465

Last edited:

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Push notifications are still in progress.
On the meantime, you can use an app like Pushover to receive emails as push notifications to your phone or tablet. The app gives you an email address to use, you then send notifications to that email and when the app receives it, your device will show it as a push notification.

Of course this means first you have to get the email notifications sorted out.

Here are the gmail settings that have consistently worked with the P4:
Mailserver: Smtp.gmail.com
Port: 587

Since gmail uses different security protocols, you will have to enable 2FA and add the P4 as an application in your gmail settings. Gmail will then give you a password to enter into the P4's email notification settings. Use that password, save settings, then send a test email to yourself.

@mlandscape
Password character limit is 16.

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email now working using Port 587. Will stick with that for now rather than use Pushover which I think you have to pay for.
Await push notifications in due course.
Thanks @Vinny@GHLUSA

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed that one of the emails I have received is reading PH at 7.05 and yet it is actually 8.23 !!! The temperature and KH measurement are correct .
Must be reading another tank?
Any suggestions @Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed that one of the emails I have received is reading PH at 7.05 and yet it is actually 8.23 !!! The temperature and KH measurement are correct .
Must be reading another tank?
Any suggestions @Vinny@GHLUSA
That's a whole other topic.
Please create a support ticket for that.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 71 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back