Putting Tank on Auto-Pilot...FOR 3 MONTHS!!!

What is the longest you’ve left your tank virtually unattended?


  • Total voters
    47
For vermetids. I usually just take a scalpel or flat bladed screwdriver and scrape the shell off the rock. The Monti should be able to grow over whatever fragments are left. Good luck

I have a scalpel and can do that. The monti is large enough and healthy enough that I’m confident it’ll heal back up. Do you starve out the vermetid first? How do you make sure it doesn’t survive and find its next coral to tunnel in?
 
It will be fine, try not to worry so much. For next time get yourself two cheap cameras. One for the sump and another for the tank. No more worrying about what is going on.
 
It will be fine, try not to worry so much. For next time get yourself two cheap cameras. One for the sump and another for the tank. No more worrying about what is going on.

I actually had an amazon cloud cam running the entire time but the image quality was abysmal. I could tell water was moving, lights were on, could count my fish, but didn’t know if corals were white or green or even still there unfortunately.

Thankfully, the tank lives. I would say it’s in fair condition. Going to run a few errands, then I will give a full update with photos and my parameters when I get back later.
 
i use a pair of EZVIZ cams and I absolutely love them. The image quality is great and the night vision works very well as shown in this pic
3F0EE2A7-F0D4-45E3-B4EE-90647E4783A0.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new