Putting Tank on Auto-Pilot...FOR 3 MONTHS!!!

What is the longest you’ve left your tank virtually unattended?

• Total voters
OP
OP
LilElroyJetson

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For vermetids. I usually just take a scalpel or flat bladed screwdriver and scrape the shell off the rock. The Monti should be able to grow over whatever fragments are left. Good luck

I have a scalpel and can do that. The monti is large enough and healthy enough that I’m confident it’ll heal back up. Do you starve out the vermetid first? How do you make sure it doesn’t survive and find its next coral to tunnel in?

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be fine, try not to worry so much. For next time get yourself two cheap cameras. One for the sump and another for the tank. No more worrying about what is going on.

OP
OP
LilElroyJetson

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be fine, try not to worry so much. For next time get yourself two cheap cameras. One for the sump and another for the tank. No more worrying about what is going on.

I actually had an amazon cloud cam running the entire time but the image quality was abysmal. I could tell water was moving, lights were on, could count my fish, but didn’t know if corals were white or green or even still there unfortunately.

Thankfully, the tank lives. I would say it’s in fair condition. Going to run a few errands, then I will give a full update with photos and my parameters when I get back later.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use a pair of EZVIZ cams and I absolutely love them. The image quality is great and the night vision works very well as shown in this pic
3F0EE2A7-F0D4-45E3-B4EE-90647E4783A0.png

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 84 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.3%
Back