PVC sheet on a bare bottom

  • Thread starter Thread starter savi1818
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

savi1818

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
5
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning All!

I am in need of some help. I'm currently in the process of converting my freshwater tank into a saltwater tank. I love bare bottom saltwater tanks. Here is my dilema: my tank was built by me a couple of years ago. At the time I added braces on the bottom. That created two squares that will become a void if I install a sheet of PVC. I'm planing on using egg crates to fill that void. Also adding silicone to the edge of the pvc sheet. ((SEE PICTURES)). Would that cause problems with air trapped underneath the pvc sheet? The sheet I'm using is starboard.

20240908_141505.jpg 20240917_215012.jpg 20240908_141505.jpg
 
I would worry more about all the detritus that is going to get trapped under whatever you place there.

I think if you just cut black pvc to the size of the voids, you'll be fine. It will be hard to see (unless there is light underneath, in which case, just tape under the gap), and minimal space for gunk to accumulate.
 
Thank you Mann1139 I'm planning on sealing the edges of the pvc to avoid that
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new