QT HELP MAYDAY MAYDAY

jpontier212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys i have bigger problems. I get home today from work and i found the gramma laying on the bottom of the tank barely breathing. In desperation, I took her out and put her in an acclimating box that i had and put her in my display. She's still laying on her side but her breathing is getting steadier and she still hasn't eaten. What can i do besides sit and wait?

OP
OP
jpontier212

jpontier212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys i have bigger problems. I get home today from work and i found the gramma laying on the bottom of the tank barely breathing. In desperation, I took her out and put her in an acclimating box that i had and put her in my display. She's still laying on her side but her breathing is getting steadier and she still hasn't eaten. What can i do besides sit and wait?
I've had her since Saturday and she has not eaten. I have tried pellets, frozen, even mixed some thawed mysis with garlic extract to see if it would entice her but it didn't.

BoneXriffic

GO BLUE!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For starters and im no expert. If something has made her sick wouldnt putting her in the display leave potential for infection of the dt?

I believe its something like 3 days its safe for a fish to not eat....i would.say try various food several hours apart. And not to often to avoid too much stress.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of water movement do you have in the QT? you might need a small air stone to add oxygen to the water.

OP
OP
jpontier212

jpontier212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of water movement do you have in the QT? you might need a small air stone to add oxygen to the water.
I have a sponge bubble filter, 2 overflow whisper pumps i just added a wood stone also but she's in the DT in an acclimating box.

OP
OP
jpontier212

jpontier212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this is a qt. did you add any meds to the tank since Saturday ? Did you test for ammonia ?
I since then added an ammonia badge but i tested the water yesterday and the day before and read perfect. Actually better than my DT. I tested for all the parameters since i wasn't sure what to look for, i tested for all

OP
OP
jpontier212

jpontier212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck. It's not the most nutritious option, but most fish eat it like candy. You can normally find it at any big box pet store with fish too since freshwater fish eat it.
I'm waiting to see if she gets off her side and perks up. But i have my fiance picking some up right now

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sponge bubble filter, 2 overflow whisper pumps i just added a wood stone also but she's in the DT in an acclimating box.

Putting him in the display if he's sick may cause more problems. If you feel the qt bacterial is not ready try doing a water change with water from your Dt

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 165 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back