Qt manderin

Psychonaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a spotted manderin in the mail but I’m a little nervous about qt. I have qt ever other fish I’ve put into my system over a 5 week treatment period with prazipro copper and if needed metroplex. Despite all this I still had a powder blue in my display tank come down with ich. Coulda come from inverts, or coral, who knows... I’ve put him in a hospital tank and everyone else seems ok.

But for this manderin, can they even be qted successfully or should I just put him straight into the display?

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course they can be qt'ed successfully. They are an expert level fish because they have specific dietary needs. They will be fine in a qt as lo g as those needs are met.

They can have parasites such as ich, velvet brook, uronema just like any other fish. Whether you choose to quarantine it is up to you but to me it seems silly to go through the effort of quarantine your other fish only to risk their health by skipping it now.

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d suggest QT with TTM for mandarins for two weeks. Best bet for food would be to raise baby brine shrimp. Those usually hatch overnight, so if you set them up today you can start feeding tomorrow.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back