QT Process Modifications for Captive-Bred Regal Angelfish?

OP
OP
T

TeeJay87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As some of you know I am in business of selling qted fish.
My recommendation for captive bred fish like yellow tangs, hippos, angels etc that are sensitive to copper is to leave them in a sterile tank for 30 days. Then next 2 weeks or so you can do prazi and metro to clean the internal. 45 days later If you don't see any parasites like ich or velvet then you are good.
If you must then do a 1ppm copperpower and over few days bring it to 1.5ppm and that's about it for 14 days.
These fish specially angels are very very sensitive at that small size and age. Any slightly harsh treatment will kill the fish quickly. Just my opinion and experience.
Thanks for sharing; much appreciated!

When you say “45 days later If you don't see any parasites like ich or velvet then you are good.”… is that 45 days on top of the 30 day observation + 2 weeks prazi/metro (i.e. total quarantine time of approx. 90 days)?

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing; much appreciated!

When you say “45 days later If you don't see any parasites like ich or velvet then you are good.”… is that 45 days on top of the 30 day observation + 2 weeks prazi/metro (i.e. total quarantine time of approx. 90 days)?
Total 45 days. 30 in sterile observation and plus 15 days for prazi and metro treatment.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back