QT question

Robb1414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So once your fish have gone through QT and are placed in the DT, how do you reset the QT for your next round of fish?

I tried to search but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Robb1414

Robb1414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can just keep going. Or bleach it, drain it, and start over.
Will the copper disappear? I know that's probably a dumb question - but I really would prefer NOT to have to strip the whole thing down.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well others may have a better answer here, but my take....well, I would strip disinfect and start over.

Just like in a hospital surgery ward, after each procedure the room is (Supposed to be) scrubbed and disinfected.

This is the only way to guarantee 100% that any possible contaminant is gone.
If the previous fish was only a carrier and did not present the symptoms and was not treated for such could infect the new fish introduced.

But that's my thought, besides QT tanks are or should be a snap to clean and re-start.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you dont want to strip the tank and system down. Do 100% water change run some carbon and poly filter. And keep doing water changes till poly filter does not register copper anymore. Carbon and cupramine will take out copper faster than poly filter but poly filter is a good indicator for presence of copper.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back