QT Question

Soronus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank had an Ich outbreak 8 weeks ago (Long Story, While I was gone buddy put Fish in my tank not QT!). Lost most of the Fish due to stress and Ich.
Question 1: I was Told 8 weeks is enough time. (Thoughts?)
Question 2: Yellow Tang in the QT is Showing her Sides to the 4 line to have him pick off parasites(4 line doesn't nip) (Yes I have two fish in QT due to running out of qt tanks) The yellow Tang has been though Cooper Twice and Pazipro. Multiple Fresh water dips. I have properly QT for 8 weeks. Is this normal behavior?

Thank you

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank had an Ich outbreak 8 weeks ago (Long Story, While I was gone buddy put Fish in my tank not QT!). Lost most of the Fish due to stress and Ich.
Question 1: I was Told 8 weeks is enough time. (Thoughts?)
Question 2: Yellow Tang in the QT is Showing her Sides to the 4 line to have him pick off parasites(4 line doesn't nip) (Yes I have two fish in QT due to running out of qt tanks) The yellow Tang has been though Cooper Twice and Pazipro. Multiple Fresh water dips. I have properly QT for 8 weeks. Is this normal behavior?

Thank you

For Question 1: I think it's 76 days for the fallow period.
For Question 2: Is the HYT and wrasse from the infected DT? When you say been through copper twice, how long is it? Usually copper is a single dose for 4 weeks (of course, you have to re-dose every water change to keep the copper levels up).

OP
OP
Soronus

Soronus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the wrasse and yellow tang are from the infected tank, 4 weeks of cooper then did big water change, 5 days of prazi then did cooper again for three weeks.

mjreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the wrasse and yellow tang are from the infected tank, 4 weeks of cooper then did big water change, 5 days of prazi then did cooper again for three weeks.

I think it's better to have prazi done 2 rounds instead of the copper.

OP
OP
Soronus

Soronus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can do another Round of Prazi, But do you think the yellow tang has parasite or just going though the motions

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back