Qt size

FDchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a new tank, current is a 14 gallon cube and going to a 120. I’ve never qt a fish before since I got my two clowns together and they’re the only ones. Would the 14 gallon cube be good enough size for qt, I plan on getting fish as small as possible so I can watch them grow but worried about the larger fish I want and possible multiple fishes of the same species in a small 14 gallon tank. Would it work since it’s only temporary or do I need to look into a larger tank.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be able to QT 2 or 3 small fish in 14 gallons, but you may experience aggressive behavior bbetween those fish. I personally use a 20 gallon and 3 small fish are the most I've QT'd simultaneously.

OP
OP
FDchase

FDchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan was to quarantine one at a time unless getting a schooling type fish. Even then it would be at most 3.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’m setting up a new tank, current is a 14 gallon cube and going to a 120. I’ve never qt a fish before since I got my two clowns together and they’re the only ones. Would the 14 gallon cube be good enough size for qt, I plan on getting fish as small as possible so I can watch them grow but worried about the larger fish I want and possible multiple fishes of the same species in a small 14 gallon tank. Would it work since it’s only temporary or do I need to look into a larger tank.
Ideal is between a 20 gallon long and a 40 breeder being the better choice

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back