QT

Bmckinney04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm upgrading my DT and I have had a QT setup with the old hob filter that I had on my tank before I got a skimmer and setup my sump...there's no fish in the QT so can I put my coral in this tank while I setup my upgrade...I'm using 60lbs of the existing rock to go into upgrade...new sand...should have use the water from the old tank, I recently had an outbreak of ich or marine velvet is why I finally broke down to buy/setup QT...I lost all my fish except a diamond gobe...I originally had 7 fish in my old tank... The existing tank which will be upgraded had been fallow for exactly 3 weeks, so should I use that water or make up new rodi water... How long can the coral stay in the QT if they can

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm upgrading my DT and I have had a QT setup with the old hob filter that I had on my tank before I got a skimmer and setup my sump...there's no fish in the QT so can I put my coral in this tank while I setup my upgrade...I'm using 60lbs of the existing rock to go into upgrade...new sand...should have use the water from the old tank, I recently had an outbreak of ich or marine velvet is why I finally broke down to buy/setup QT...I lost all my fish except a diamond gobe...I originally had 7 fish in my old tank... The existing tank which will be upgraded had been fallow for exactly 3 weeks, so should I use that water or make up new rodi water... How long can the coral stay in the QT if they can
Coral can stay in a QT indefinitely as long as you are provide them the proper lighting, flow, and nutrients. Also make sure no medicines were used in the QT (such as copper).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back