Quarantine Help?

Dierker2003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I currently have a 29 gallon reef tank with a dwarf angel aswell as a clownfish. I have had lots of trouble with parasites in the past and quite a few loses which have devastated me and these are the only fish I’ve kept over a long period of time. I Had them for about a year. I have a ten gallon aquarium with a hob filter and heater. I’m debating turning this into a quarantine tank and wondering if it would be big enough. I’m also wondering should I take my fish out of the DT and put them in quarantine? Is it worth it? I know ich is present in the DT but I’m not able to start quarantining every hermit and coral that goes in the tank so it’s always going to be. So should I just start quarantining new fish additions or Is there any Benefit to doing this if I don’t quarantine my coral? I’ll still dip them but that won’t eradicate fish parasites. Also for how long and what medications should I quarantine with?
Thanks!

artieg1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoo that's a lot. What is your goal? To keep the fish alive for 15-20 years? Then treat them for the most obvious parasites.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back