• Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scott Ulrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy holidays everyone!

First things first, my tank is a 40 g breeder mixed reef with soft and lps corals, as well as a few fish.

I just bought 2 emerald crabs, 2 turbo snails and a few hermit crabs. From reading forums it seems some people qt inverts and some don't. Since a few of the tanks at the lfs had visible aiptasia I was planning to at just in case - I've never had aiptasia and hope to stay that way :)

qt tank is 10g bare bottom so I'll stick a heater, small powerhead and plate of live sand in there. Any other suggestions for qt of inverts? Would 2 weeks be enough to see aiptasia if it were to hitchhike over?

I got the emeralds to help with the bubble algae that is slowly taking over everything. The store recommended taking the rocks out of the tank to minimize spreading the algae.

The rock with the most bubble algae has a mushroom coral that its firmly attached. Is it okay for it to be exposed to air for 5 minutes if I were to take the rock out to clean it?

Thanks!
Scott

OP
OP
Scott Ulrich

Scott Ulrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened to be out near another lfs and they had the yellow watchman goby I had been wanting to add so I picked him up. I just got done drop acclimating him and add him to the qt.

I added a picture of the display tank (water level is low since I took water our to add to the qt tank (also pictured). Also put a little sand and a rock from my refugium.

I also picked up some calupera and added that into the qt tank. I'm hoping that when I add it to the refugium that it will out compete the bubble algae.

20191227_194033_HDR.jpg 20191227_194201.jpg 20191227_193832.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 190 73.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.6%
Back