Quarantining strawberry conch

  • Thread starter Thread starter helwrj28
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

helwrj28

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2020
Messages
386
Reaction score
97
Location
Lancaster
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As title states, I'm looking to quarantine a strawberry conch to rule out any parasites. Can the conch survive entirely on supplement feedings?

I have algae wafers, nori sheets, and a variety of frozen and pellets... I ask because mature algae is lacking in the quarantine tank but there's a plethora in the display tank. Any help or suggestions are much appreciated thanks!
 
They are a film algae eater. I have seen the ones I have kept in the past eat or try to eat and at least scrape at algae wafers and pieces of nori. Is that enough to sustain them? I am not sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new