Quarter Cylinder Reef

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
1,346
Location
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife says I need a new tank. Yeah, she says my current setup is out dated and a eye sore. Her only request is that it needs to be a corner tank. So I was thinking about a Quarter Cylinder tank. So my question is do any of you have a Quarter Cylinder tank? If so would you be willing to post a picture or two of your tanks and setups. Finally May I ask where you got your tank from. Thanks in advance for your input.
 
Here's a great build thread on a half cylinder tank! (pretty close)

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/hds-144-build-check-this-one-out.384638/

Perhaps @hdsoftail1065 can chime in?

I just set up a bowfront which is similar. I like the look overall but the distortion can be kind of funky if you're used to looking at a rectangular tank haha.

My only concern is cleaning algae off the curve, which I would assume might be even harder with a cylindrical tank. Maybe nano-sized magnets would be helpful there.
 
It isn't really that bad, I'm using the flipper max on mine and it does a good job. I use a credit card down along the sand line. Only challenge with mine is the depth of the tank. Some distortion, but I love my curved glass!
 
Ok guys I know more of you have something to share. So let’s see your tanks guys and girls:D. Come on help me out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new