Queen Angel / Holacanthus ciliaris

  • Thread starter Thread starter AJ Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AJ Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
171
Reaction score
1
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scientific name: Holacanthus ciliaris

Common name: Queen Angelfish

Size : Up to 18 inches

Feeding: Like many angels they do like sponge material. I was surprised to find just how much ours liked nori. I also feed a variety like Rod's food and mysid shrimp.

Reef compatibility: Likely to taste everything in the tank. If well fed it may ignore corals it doesn't find particularly tasty.

Captive care : A tough fish that will do well with most fish. A sizable aquarium is needed once the fish reaches maturity. Some say 3-400 gallons.
 
Who here has some of these? Post up some pics, please!
 
I have several angels In this video:

Queen, emperor, blue face, passer, rock beauty, flame, potters, moorish idol (not an angel but close lol)

Switch to 720P HD


Edit I guess my blue face was camera shy he does show up here briefly. You can also see when my queen had really bad lymph. she's fully recovered now.

(switch to HD again guys)
 
They are fast growers. I got one about the size of a quarter last spring and its about 5in now. Loves nori, raw shrimp, spiralina brine. Atleast 250 gal when older.
 
Yup all of my angels love nori
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new