question about gonioporas

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 gonis and 2 of them extend quite a bit and are gorgeous and flowing like a torch. The other one looks like a bush and dosnt extend much no matter where I move it!

Today on a live sale someone mentioned that there are 2 types of goni's! There are long tentacle and short tentacle! I was doing some research after that and saw some listed as flowerpot corals and they looked like mine that dosnt extend much! Looks like a bush basically!

Is it true that there are long and short tentacles? Are flowerpots just short tentacle goni's?

I just ordered 2 more from live sales and asked if it was a long tentacle and he said yes! This was from living reef Orlando.

Just wondering if this is true? If so I will just leave mine put and stop wondering why it dosnt extend like my others! LOL. Its called a blue dawn. I got it from unique corals! Dont care for the short tentacle bush looking type that it has turned out to be thats for sure!

Also, If anyone has any caretips. Ihave read differt colors are hardier! I have had 3 die but this last light blue one I have had for a year or so. My other 2 are very new but thriving so far and extending very tall! One is green and one is purple. I have a hot pink with purple tips coing in (gorgeous) and Ihave a credit that I might use for a metallic red or one called ironman!

I sure hope I have good luck! I have gone both torch and goni crazy lately! LOL

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I just turn my pumps off and spot feed reef roids. The polyps extend after like crazy

Back