Question about my 2 head Aussie Goldilocks torch.

tangs123tangs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2023
Messages
21
Reaction score
16
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I have this coral in my tank, its been in the tank for 10 days. When the lights are on, both heads are fully extended and this torch looks super happy. Great coloration and you can't really tell any difference between the two heads.

However at night and before the lights turn on, on one of the heads, the tentacles are completely retracted. The other head, they retract slightly.

Do I need to be concerned at all?
 
Here is a pic

IMG_1612.jpeg
 
Id say you’re fine. Mine does the exact same thing and sometimes randomly during the day. Nothing to be worried about unless it doesn’t come out for a few days in a row I would say.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new