Question about my BTA..

deereid4j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:eek:oh: Okay, here it is..the lights wen't on not too long ago, and I have discovered my anemone is inside out, appears as though his entire stomach is hanging outside of him, and the Maroon clown is freakin out!! Is there any advice that could help me bring the anemone back from the dark descent that is travelling down, I just got him at the lps about ahh say 3 weeks ago now, and he has been feeding twice a week, and the clown has been keeping him tidy and so on..any help would be greatly appreciated. Guess next time there wont be anymore impulse buys because it needs "saving" huh..lol.. Thanks a bunch...

OP
OP
D

deereid4j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I snapped a pic of the lil guy...hope this helps out some!!
SALTWATER TANK.jpg

pencil.png

OP
OP
D

deereid4j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm, not looking too good at this point,....white ribbons...stringy curly, white ones...this is soooo unfortunate...:squigglemouth:

firereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, everytime mine did that, it was pretty much impossible to bring it back. Try carbon and hope or just remove it before it kills the rest of your corals.

You also should find out what's going on in your tank to prevent this in the future.

OP
OP
D

deereid4j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You thinking Nitrate spike? I was sorta thinkin something was up.the weird thing is that the rest of my stuff is doin great,.everything is doing what it is supposta be doin..gonna do my weekly water change in about 20 min and see what happens from there..truely a sad day, I'm gonna have my clown peeee'd at me, and my kids ta boot!..:sad:

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not nitrates that killed your nem, he is saying run carbon and remove the nem for good before the nem fouls your tank up and killes everything in the tank.

what were you feeding the nem? you could have fed him bad food and killed it. i seen many times people feeding silversides to the nem and it dies within hours cause the silversides got spoiled somehow.
i never feed my nems directly , they only feed on the mysis and cyclops that their tentacles catch when i feed the fish in the tank.

good luck with removing him.

what type of lighting do you have on your tank?

OP
OP
D

deereid4j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thanks for clarifyin that one up for me, hahaha...I did take him out, cause I think he is what spiked my nitrates...:sad:I flushed him..I was feeding him raw tiger shrimp, and mysis...i'm sure he got a few bites of brine here n there too cause I mix feed my fish...I felt soo bad..and my clown was ***** with me for the whole weekend...think that he is now over it cause he is all friendly with the watchman goby.:bigsmile: I have 2-24w 10,000k bulbs, they run 10 hrs a day.

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad he didnt spoil your tank too much. sometimes nems die from bad food. i seen to many times people feed their nem silversides and they are spoiled or something and the nem dies. i never feed my nems directly at all. i just feed mysis in my tank and the nem will eat whatever he catches which is a few after the clowns steal from him. if you get another and waht to feed it, thaw some mysis and blow that onto his tentacles.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 63 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back