Question about new 9410 hydrofoamer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

runfrumu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently replaced the older 6+ year old hydrofoamer pump on my 9410 skimmer with a new 9410 hydrofoamer pump. The new one has a different style impeller which is yellow while the old one is black. My issue is the water level with the new pump wont go up the neck as far as the old one. Its been running 5 days but no matter how I adjust the valve on the airline the max the water level will get is about an inch below the small overflow hole on the back of the skimmer. I’ve disass the pump and made sure everything is seated correctly and adjusted the riser on the outlet pipe to the very top to try and raise it that way, but no luck. Any ideas?

OP
OP
R

runfrumu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also it does have a slight rattle to the pump when running and ive had to unplug and replug it to make it start a couple of times like the impeller is sticking.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new pump is slightly weaker, the motor is the same, but this impeller results in a quieter pump and the 9410 was overpowered and this tended to cause issues with needing to close the air flow too much and too much water flow being the result. The water level should be around 6", make sure the air line is not pinched or kinked and the silencer has no leaks, you will need to run with the airflow more open than with the older needlewheel design. I would verify that the bearings are fully seated in the motor and impeller cover, they should not come out unless extracted with a tool. Noise will typically result from an airline obstruction, water being drawn in through a leak/crack in the silencer or a loose bearing.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back