Question about new additions to 26 gallon nano reef tank

JohnNYC8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 26 gallon nano reef (RSM Nano Peninsula) with good filtration and I do 10-20% weekly water changes. My skimmer is working well based on the smell I experience when I empty and clean it. I have good numbers and two happy bonded clownfish (about 2.5" in size). I feed a relatively small amount of frozen mysis or brine shrimps daily (~1/3rd of a frozen cube to the two clownfish). I have a cleanup crew of bumble bee snails for uneaten food and they're also doing well.

Would I be able to add a blue neon goby, cleaner shrimp, and a royal gramma without having overcrowding/aggression issues? I have an acclimation box that I can use to introduce the goby and the gramma. My clownfish don't seem overly aggressive--they'll sometimes strike the turkey baster when I'm feeding brine shrimp but they don't go after me if I put my arm in the tank. There are a couple of choice hiding spots for a small fish that the clownfish don't currently hang out in. The clownfish have also started hosting on a green hairy mushroom in the tank. I'm not against spot feeding any new additions as I'm currently feeding shrimp with a turkey baster anyway.

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be good. May need to up the waterchange size as needed. I had about the same in my 20 gallon. Until one day my female clownfish decided she hated all of her room mates and killed them and their replacements off.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back