Question about placement for my Coral

zachary1124

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2026
Messages
55
Reaction score
42
Location
385 crystal SpringsGreenville
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone this is my first time putting a piece of Coral into my tank it is a Fire and Ice Zoanthids Coral is that a good spot for
20260630_151558_DF37BACB-9769-44BC-B697-4CA2B3BDEB67.png
 
Zoanthids are pretty forgiving on placement. Looks like you have it up towards the top of your tank. You can certainly place it somewhere lower. They easily adapt to different lighting conditions. I keep mine with some moderate-strong flow to make sure no detritus is building up on them. I'm sure more seasoned reefers will chime in. If thats where you want it, it seems like a reasonable location.
 
Zoanthids are pretty forgiving on placement. Looks like you have it up towards the top of your tank. You can certainly place it somewhere lower. They easily adapt to different lighting conditions. I keep mine with some moderate-strong flow to make sure no detritus is building up on them. I'm sure more seasoned reefers will chime in. If thats where you want it, it seems like a reasonable location.

I think I like it where he is that is not the highest spot. That’s just one thirds 1/4 of the rock structural but I’m thinking of maybe getting a different color to put down low.


20260630_152658_026B3F19-CE9B-44AE-9409-944A3BD5D38F.png



PS just wanted to make sure I didn’t put it in a spot that it should not be
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new