Question about shipping

Cooper32803

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2012
Messages
910
Reaction score
300
Location
Orlando, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am going to RI to visit family for a couple of weeks. On the last day I am there, I want to go around to a few stores and look for some corals. If I find any I like I would then ship them to myself here in FL overnight. I know I need a styrofoam box saying perishable and cold packs and newspaper. What else would I need? I plan on having the store triple bag them so that should be ok as well. Also I was wondering what do I tell Fedex is in the box when shipping? I have read alot of people saying not to tell them it is coral... So what do I say if they ask what it is specifically? Thanks!
 
Tell them they are fragile snow globes lol. Don't tell em coral. Make sure you put every thing in a plastic bag just incase of a leak.

Sent from my tank using tapatalk
 
doesn't matter what you tell the guy at the store really. Don't tell them any thing. I need to ship this package over night asap. How much? Thank you have a nice day. :p

Sent from my tank using tapatalk
 
I think that's just if you get insurance.. I May be wrong tho.

Sent from my tank using tapatalk
 
i just told them its a type of rock in a little bit of water... lol
i go there so much now the guy knows me and doesnt even care.
 
Lol well that can work... Say it's a piece of rock from the bay or something... Thanks for the idea!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new