Question about Tropic Marine Salt?

maidia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I saw there is a 300 gallon bag of Tropic Marine Bag. What is the different between the 200 gallon TM bucket and those 300 gallon bag? One LFS guy told me the 300 gallon bag has to mix at one when it open, is it true? Thanks.
MD

reefjunky24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can't say for sure but i did read a thread on this before from a local group and the LFS said the same thing that the bags aren't as accurate as the buckets if you are making only a small amount, and the 300 gallon bag had to be mixed at once for best results.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am Lou Ekus, Director of US Operations for Tropic Marin. The salt mixture in the 300 gallon bags is identical to the salt mixture in the 200 gallon regular Tropic Marin bucket. There is no difference between to two and they can both be mixed in whatever quantities of gallons you would like. I'm not sure where the store got the information, but it certainly wasn't from us.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect the store was alluding to the fact that the bag is non-reclosable, thus it would be ideal if it were all mixed once opened. Air getting in bringing moisture with it is a good way to cause spoilage - a bigger risk the longer your stock is sitting around.

If you aren't using large volumes I'm not sure it's wise to buy vast quantities like this...at least not without applying some extra care in storage.

We used to get these bags at the store where I worked, but they wouldn't be around for more than a day or two. (They would still form a light crust at the top between uses.)

-Matt

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 54 43.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back