Question about when to add bta

Don_Jorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long should I wait to add a bta to a tank I instant cycled with ocean rock? I ask cause I have a 36 gallon going on 5 months that doesn’t look quite ready, yet the new tank I started with gulf rock is already losing the gha and spreading coralline everywhere.

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most will say around a year, but if your parameters are stable and you feel the tank is ready then go for it. Word of caution. It will move around. Keep that in mind when adding corals. Also reduce your lighting for a bit and lower your flow when you add u til it looks like it's found a spot. Then slowly increase back.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn off water movement. Place him where you want him and hold him there until he attaches, 5 minutes. If enough light and flow, he'll stay.
Flow on after 30 minutes

OP
OP
Don_Jorge

Don_Jorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As f
I think most will say around a year, but if your parameters are stable and you feel the tank is ready then go for it. Word of caution. It will move around. Keep that in mind when adding corals. Also reduce your lighting for a bit and lower your flow when you add u til it looks like it's found a spot. Then slowly increase back.
as stability goes I do 15% water changes weekly so I hardly see fluctuations

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%
Back