Question for Biota

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Biota_Marine

I saw a coral beauty in my LFS today that they claimed was from you guys. This guy was TINY. Like smaller than a dime! So cute. Almost picked it up but I didnt, if I got any biota fish I would go straight through yall. Anyway, if I ordered your coral beauty are they this tiny and cute???? If you look at the anemone in the back you will see a little blue fish. Thats the angel!! Jeez she was adorable!!

IMG_5371.jpeg IMG_5372.jpeg IMG_5373.jpeg

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish you get from biota are generally tiny. See my cleaner wrasse when I got it:

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral beauty was about the size of a quarter or slightly larger when I got her from Biota. She seemed strong and healthy so I did put her directly in my display. She did hide a lot when she was small-we named her squirrel because at feeding time she would dash out from the rocks, grab a piece of food, and then dash back into the rocks to nibble it down in safety. Now 2-3 years later she is full grown, still beautiful, but almost always out in the open.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral beauty was about the size of a quarter or slightly larger when I got her from Biota. She seemed strong and healthy so I did put her directly in my display. She did hide a lot when she was small-we named her squirrel because at feeding time she would dash out from the rocks, grab a piece of food, and then dash back into the rocks to nibble it down in safety. Now 2-3 years later she is full grown, still beautiful, but almost always out in the open.
Ah cool! That was the size I was more expecting but this one was soooo tiny!

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Biota_Marine

I saw a coral beauty in my LFS today that they claimed was from you guys. This guy was TINY. Like smaller than a dime! So cute. Almost picked it up but I didnt, if I got any biota fish I would go straight through yall. Anyway, if I ordered your coral beauty are they this tiny and cute???? If you look at the anemone in the back you will see a little blue fish. Thats the angel!! Jeez she was adorable!!

IMG_5371.jpeg IMG_5372.jpeg IMG_5373.jpeg
Typically, they are pretty small. We usually update the sizing on the site with every batch to ensure the customers get an accurate representation of the sizing. This last batch was roughly quarter size.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 62 74.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back