Question on ATK for large tank owners!

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2020
Messages
1,486
Reaction score
1,653
Location
Cary, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Have about 300 gallons of water total, the ATK defaults to being shut off after 5 minutes, what do you guys have your ATK cut off set to? I have found 5 minutes is not enough time to get it level.

Thanks!
 
If your ATK is connected to your Apex rather than in standalone mode, then the 5 minute limit is totally configurable to your preference. The guideline is to monitor how long your tank takes on average to refill for the loss of evaporation, then add a little extra time. For example, my tank takes about 45 seconds to 2 minutes maximum (usually only in summer), so I set my When timer to 3 minutes. If it ever takes more than 3 minutes, then something is wrong and I want it to alert me.

You can also decrease the Min Time value from the default of 1 hour down to a lower value, so the ATK will refill more frequently with smaller volumes. I have mine set to run every 30 minutes.

Read my ATK tutorial for a detailed description of the code:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptu...torials-part-3-automatic-top-off-kit-atk.692/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new