Question on ChemiPure Use

  • Thread starter Thread starter SeanG1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SeanG1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2015
Messages
26
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been reading some threads on ChemiPure use and I wanted to see if someone could offer up clarification.

I am using it for the first time in my Biocube 29, most likely in the 2nd chamber. (Best place I guess or 3rd chamber where the sponge should be). Some posts say they just 'throw' it in the chamber but shouldn't it be placed so water flow passes through it?

Thanks in advance.

Sean
 
Needs water to pass though it I put mine in second chamber but don't run the Biocube filter set up but have it as water spills over from first chamber it passes through filter matt then the chemipure then purigen it seams to work great that way Crystal clear eater
 
Ok! Thanks. I figured as such. Looks like I need to do some rearranging.
 
If ur not running a reactor just toss it in, really doesnt make that much of a difference were its places in a bag nomatter what its going to be passive filtration, i used to run a chemi pure bag in the second chamber, i ripped the carbon and cotton off of the carbon plate that you buy for the cube nd used the chemipure and 100micron filterfloss ontop
 
You could also buy the Intank media basket which has 3 levels to it. It makes adding things like carbon, or filter floss pretty easy. It fits right in the second chamber of the biocube. Not sure if I'm allowed to link it. If not I apologize.

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new