Question on Duncan tentacle appearance

ricketyroll

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2025
Messages
41
Reaction score
17
Location
Greer
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, I have a nice Duncan that's been doing well. Put out a new head last month and in general has been going great. Recently I had noticed some contact between the duncan and a nearby Kenya. So I moved the kenya. But now even a few weeks after the move I've noticed a few tenacles still seem .... bloated and a little darker? at first is was just 1 but I feel like more have exhibited the condition

Am I being over worried ? or did I spot something ?

I will note that the photo was taken in the morning just after lights came on, so everything is a bit deflated but it makes the bloat a bit more obvious to my eye

1756840717512.png Screenshot 2025-09-02 152106.png
 
Theyre opening up with is a positive sign. Are any other corals looking upset or is it just the duncan?
 
Duncan is the only one looking a bit weird. And just the head in question. the other 2 stalks look good.
 
I would just keep an eye on it. They can take a while to recover if they were fighting.
I'll call in the @ReefSquad just to be safe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new