Question on GSP that wont open

iloveswfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
344
Reaction score
13
Location
connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a gsp a couple of weeks ago and it wont open. I am not sure what could be the problem it was open at the LPS .... i have had it up on the top and then moved it to the middle and now it is on the bottom. i tried one a while ago and the same thing happen. i have enough
of flow..
my levels are

ph- 8.2
phos-0
nitrate-0
nitrite -0
amonia -0
alk-8
calcium-450
salinty -1.025
 
No no3 and po4
These guys do not like low nutrient systems
Any time I get coral in I always test the no3 and po4 that they got shipped in or picked up from.
GSP frags are great at telling you they are starving per say
 
Yellow polyps will live through anything :-)
I suggest reading up on here about the lack of no3 and po4
If its been several weeks since they have came out it will be a hard struggle to bring them back.
GSP corals depend on your lighting and available nutrients
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new