Question on Insurance companies

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who do you use for your home owners and why .. I need a new insurance company mine is of no use when needed they find loopholes out of helping me but take my premiums with no problems over 13 years ..and is there a special policy for fish tanks ? I know you need special insurance for jewelry but is there something for the 10k invested on a tank should it break , leak,or blow up ..thanks in advance will be shopping for my new insurance company this week so any help would be nice ..

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have state farm and they seem pretty reasonable. I don't think you have to take out extra insurance for a tank but it wouldn't hurt to ask your agent. Our policy covers upto and over 100K for household belongings.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have State Farm for home and auto. You need to make sure on the 100k for household belongings because most will have a limit on how much for each item. So they might only give you 2k toward the tank. Honestly with all the money we have invested in these tanks it would be worth it to get a rider on your policy that specifically covers the tank and all you have invested in it. You should have them for anything like jewelry or coin collections. It couldn't be that much. I actually have my agent getting me a quote as we speak. I made a list the other week and took pics of everything.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you 2 must be about the only 2 ppl i have even seen say state farm is reasonable.
ive had to sue them more times than anything to get them to pay on simple claims.

re-fin-away

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have state farm as well. We had a storm blow through here 2 years ago lost our pool fence and roof damage. I made the call to them and had an agent out at my place 2 days later. They covered it all. I had to get a quote for everything which was fine. I had a check in my hand within 2 weeks to cover it all. I cant say enough good about them.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you 2 must be about the only 2 ppl i have even seen say state farm is reasonable.
ive had to sue them more times than anything to get them to pay on simple claims.

must not see many people....jk

I have had them since I have been married, 17 years. Never an issue great prices. I got quotes form NW and AllState and they couldn't come close. I have tons of coverage on the house and very high limits on my vehicles since I work out of my house but drive a ton

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I to went with State Farm for all my coverage. They have the best rates by far after shopping around.

wvreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use farmers and mechanics for my home owners insurance.... They have excellent rates and will cover everything with my saltwater aquarium except for the fish and corals of course.... have 500,000 on house and 150,000 contents and runs around 1000 per year so it is really good......I must say if anyone does not have home owners insurance get it and for thoes who rent get renters insurance, just to cover your own butt......

steamer51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have used Ky Farm Bureau for 35 years for auto and homeowners and also used them for business insurance when we had a small business in our home. I haven't done much price shopping but I have had other agents call to try and sell me insurance and when I tell them I have Ky Farm Bureau they get real quiet and cut off the conversation. Maybe they were just real expensive and couldn't compete with a lot of companies. Ky Farm has been great to us always. 30 years ago my wife had a faulty old gas stove blow up while lighting and catch on fire. She spoke to the agent and we had $100 deductible and the stove was worth $100 so we figured no claim. The agent asked if we had smoke damage (she put the fire out herself so there was no water damage) and she said she had to wash the walls. He said put yourself down for $8 an hour for washing the walls and they paid it. Not much $ but it's the thought that counts.

They have replaced two roofs due to storm damage over the years and a cloth shed from the ice storm. They had so many claims after the ice storm they didn't even send an adjuster out. We just told them how much the shed was and they sent us a check. Many years ago my oldest daughter was a teenager she ran a stop sign and hit a car. They did not raise our rates after paying the claim because the accident was caused by mechanical failure since the brakes went out. I did get a nice letter from them this year saying that because of the storm claims from all their customers over the last two years they were raising everyone's homeowner's insurance. They offered to raise my deductible and charge less so there would not be an increase in what I had to pay.

I would advise anyone looking for insurance to get a quote from them. They are a good company that has been very good to me for many years. I don't have any experiences with other companies and do not dispute that there are other good ones out there.

OP
OP
RogerWilco357

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahh the price of the coverage is not bad i have all state. and have had them for 12 or more years with no problems house is covered and contents over 100k for contents and the house is totally covered ..until you need them then they quote you don't have sump pump coverage that is seperate see they have sub sections for everything. now that is in the home built in the foundation and plumbing is hooked to it but they said still not covered..so i say the stove is also a piece of equipment used in the house and if that leaked gas instead of water like the pump it would be covered if i had a fire ? also they say some water in the pump was outside water even if 90 percent of the water was from the sinks ,toliet etc. and one gallon of outside water guess what the outside water trumps the inside water damage lol. they say damage caused by the water even though it was internally since outside water was in play no storm or anything like that just water it automaticlly cancels damage done by the pump. So if my house caught fire and they used outside water to put it out would that cancel the damage the fire caused? I am so confused.My plumber says he has never had an insurance company deny an internal problem caused by an internal component not be covered. so he is going to talk to the manager of the claims person and try to convey what happened since he says the claims person has tunnel vision and is focusing on the wrong aspect of the problem ..like that the plumber is on my side and taking time to get the job done hopefully he can tell me what companies he has dealt with that where more concerned with the problem and the client than paying out a claim I guess they get something for denying more claims than approving saving the company money it is there to make money after all like all business..I am glad i am learning this now about the company that they look for more ways to get out of helping than the latter. I will start getting the water cleaned out and sanitize the basement call in someone to do that and the plumber and i will have to work out a payment deal so I can get this fixed. I had previous insurance on coins and jewelry since they only cover like 2500 on those items and one item was 20k so got the extra rider on those things .. I had A tank blow out the seam gave way and they covered nothing this was 2006 since the water damage was from a tank and not the plumbing not covered ..before that in 2000 i had water come in via window seam damage not covered due to outside water ..now this ..so unless the water damage is from a broken pressurized pipe it will not be covered..go figure 3 strikes and i am out..looking for new insurance that covers all unfortunate accidents not just the one they cover..lol thanks for all the input thinking of going with farmers insurance but need to see what they are like with coverage i have alot of kids and things can go wrong would be nice to have piece of mind.

OP
OP
RogerWilco357

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol and her legs and her toes and her fingers depends what part you are making money with lol..part being the operative word..wonder what other parts they have insured?

Back