• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Heavy lifting insurance claim.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much should I ask my insurance company to pay for moving this tank so a house pipe water leak damages can be fixed?

We had a leak that was under the new (last year at this time) laminate flooring and the new kitchen cabinets that are going to be replaced. There is water in the wall behind the tank and possibly underneath it so I have to break it down and move it, probably twice so repairs can happen. I had no plans to move the tank before the leak and I am trying to find motivation for the inconvenience and loss of time that I have to deal with in order to get the house rebuilt inside.

So how much can I get out of the insurance company, and how should I bill them for my time and effort and expenses to replace all the saltwater twice? It’s roughly 100 gallons of water.

Also, if you’re close by 92058 maybe you should buy the whole thing? Offers will be considered and possibly accepted if you can get this done before Monday.

IMG_1148.jpeg IMG_0817.jpeg IMG_0778.jpeg

OP
OP
KrisReef

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a LFS that could quote the work?
I should have thought this but the truth is I would never have any of them do the work but I know tons of people who do this. Maybe I should have them come over and I can enjoy the day while they earn some money. Win win!

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have thought this but the truth is I would never have any of them do the work but I know tons of people who do this. Maybe I should have them come over and I can enjoy the day while they earn some money. Win win!

They way insurances companies are these days that might be you only choice.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back