Question on my LPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter tydeck
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tydeck

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2022
Messages
465
Reaction score
328
Location
Meriden, CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frogspwan and a Duncan. Both are doing fantastic. I have mult new heads the Duncan and one on the frogspawn.

when does the skeleton of the coral start to form? I would love to clip a head from the Duncan and add another colony. The oldest heads on the Duncan are around 4-5 months. They are huge and look great. Just no hard base yet. 298EC5CB-F9A0-48A4-84E2-57E2BB54AC6F.jpeg
 
Frogspawns and duncans are very fleshy corals, so their skeletal base is small relative to their size. They should have a skeleton, look at them when they are closed up.
 
I just realized the frogspawn had added another head. It’s always open. Just keeps getting bigger. 05F45E67-C021-4A7D-8895-9CAB878D2557.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new