Question on my RFA and RBAs

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 2 rock flowers in my 60 gal cube. First one added in did fantastic. Moved a couple inches found its home and even grew a lot. Second one, found its home never moved from the spot I put it but shortly after 2 weeks its whole skirt, or tentacles just died off. I kept with my weekly small water changes, then went out of town. Had a friend watch my tank, (he has his own 45 gal reef) came back 3 days later to see the rockflower had grew its skirt back completely. What causes this? This normal? Was it on it's way out then bounced back? It lost half of its coloration or the vibrance of the colors at least but the skirt is 99% there now. I'm just curious because I'm new to nems and wanna know why this happened.

Second I may be getting a rainbow bubble too nem from my friend and his was constantly moving through the tank, then split. What can i do to achieve max success to keep it from moving? I already have semi, established corals, nothing I cant move but I'm not trying to have anything get stung while im at a long day at work and come home to something stung to death. Any advice helps open to all ears or even reading. Thank you in advance.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk nicely to it. Suggest a pretty spot with a view.

And kind guage a med upward or kinda Laminar flow. IMO.

Mine has been in the same spot for some years now. Only the clowns bugging it have made it split or jump off the rock

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I have to I will break out violins and an orchestra if it'll stay put. Lol I either have gentle lowish med flow. Enough for my hammer to like that'll have it away, or a downward draft of med to high flow. All the same light, on how my tanks scape and lights are it would receive the same on either side of it but the flow severally differs.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was honestly a best guess (in two tanks ) and happy thoughts
So what do they prefer? To help give me my best guess. I know one thing is they like to be stuck to the bottom of an over hang or something they can stretch out from or under. Either for security or to escape from light. Other then that idk. I have T5s and a AI prime over my tank. So I don't think lighting will be to big of an issue. Unless it wants high light like my acros.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back