Question on optical sensors

  • Thread starter Thread starter kelleymc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kelleymc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
107
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long does an optical sensor need to be submerged to trigger a closed state? Is there a way to extend the time before the alarm is triggered?

In other words, if it triggers immediately when submerged, could I code the alarm to trigger once it’s been submerged for 5 seconds?
 
How long does an optical sensor need to be submerged to trigger a closed state? Is there a way to extend the time before the alarm is triggered?

In other words, if it triggers immediately when submerged, could I code the alarm to trigger once it’s been submerged for 5 seconds?
They change state as soon as they detect a fluid.

It's up to software to delay any action.
How you would do that depends on which controller system you are using
 
If you are using apex then it is immediately. Use defer statement to state how long the sensor needs to be activated Before turning on/off

If Sense1 = Closed Then On
Defer 0:00:05 Then On

5 seconds before it will activate
 
They change state as soon as they detect a fluid.

It's up to software to delay any action.
How you would do that depends on which controller system you are using
Using Apex Fusion


If you are using apex then it is immediately. Use defer statement to state how long the sensor needs to be activated Before turning on/off

If Sense1 = Closed Then On
Defer 0:00:05 Then On

5 seconds before it will activate
Thanks. I’m trying to slow down how often the alarm triggers on one sensor, not turn anything on or off. Sometimes water movement trips one sensor so I want it to be submerged for a certain period of time before notifying me.
 

Attachments

  • 2B6EEDBD-1200-4B15-BED4-A29B75B251A5.jpeg
    2B6EEDBD-1200-4B15-BED4-A29B75B251A5.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 57
Think I had the format incorrect. Should be Defer 000:10 Then ON
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new