Question on re-scaping a 55 gallon

iloveswfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i need to know how much live rock you should have in a 55 gallon tank? i have alot of rock and think i have too much rock in the tank. I was thinking of just having rock in the middle of the tank and leaving the sides open to be able to put the corals that are on plugs and rocks there But the i was thinking i might run into is the lights i use are LED's and most of the corals i have are softies eg: mushrooms,zoas, and i have
mostly softies and LPS. Anyone that can help i want to thank you in advance

eeyore357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1-1.5lbs per gallon is recommended but it depends on the type of rock too. Pukani is light weight so you could use about 3/4lb per gallon. IMO you should aquascape the way you want. If you don't feel like you have enough rock after that add some seachem matrix or something like that.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No such thing as to much. But rule of thumb would be a minimum of at least 1lb per gallon.

OP
OP
I

iloveswfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks.... i would say i have over 60 piece of rock in there now, that is why i think i have too much rock. i do have alot of coral and i am just hoping if i do this it wont mess up my chemistry and i do use maxtrix in my filter now.... and do you think that with the LED's my coral will be fine since i only have softies and LPS if i put some of them on the sides.. and if i do how i want too do this it will give the fish more swimming room

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
I

iloveswfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank when i the time i will take a pic and post it and see what you the think....i think part of the problem is that i need to put more than one coral on a rock wht do you think

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 113 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back